This type of insurance is designed for owners of goods and cargo transported by different modes of transport, and allows you to compensate for losses associated with damage or loss of cargo, regardless of the presence or absence of the fault of the carrier. The terms of cargo insurance contracts must meet modern requirements for insurance coverage.
How can I insure?
- One-time shipping policy. Issued on the basis of an application for insurance. It is used in cases of one-time shipments of various types of goods.
- General policy (contract) for cargo insurance. It is issued in the case of regular transportation on agreed routes or in the case of transportation of homogeneous goods. The General insurance policy simplifies the document flow for cargo insurance, and the insurance covers all declared shipments. Under the General policy, there are various options for paying the insurance premium.
What can be insured?
- Cargo transported by any mode of transport from anywhere in the world to anywhere in the world.
- Transportation costs for the delivery of goods to the destination.
- Expected profit
In insurance practice, there are two basic principles of combining risks in the formation of insurance coverage. Both are used in cargo insurance:
- The first principle is based on the method of exclusion, that is, according to this principle, the cargo is insured against all risks, except for some. It is on this principle that insurance protection is built in the insurance on the terms "with responsibility for all risks" of the rules of cargo insurance, as well as the "a" clause Of the Institute of London cargo Insurers.
- The second principle is based on the inclusion method, that is, the cargo is considered insured only against those risks that are listed. It is on this principle that insurance protection is built in the insurance on the other two conditions of the rules of cargo insurance and, accordingly, the clauses "B" and "C" of the Institute of London cargo Insurers. The second and third variants of cargo transport insurance provide less protection of goods from possible risks